Ordinary Things by Ana Guardia
“Every artist was first an amateur.”
To be an artist one has to find beauty in ordinary things. Find 10 things of great beauty in the landscape that surrounds you. For example, crumple sheets on your bed in the morning, the smell of coffee making its way around a busy office.
1. Golden rod blowing through the crisp autumn breeze.
2. Leaves changing color as the days become shorter and the weather becomes cooler.
3. My children playing happily outside.
4. My autumn centerpiece placed beautifully on the table.
5. Cool, fresh, filtered water.
6. A round, red apple.
7. Afternoon sunshine bathing shedding trees.
8. Books slanting on the shelf, missing books that my children have taken to read.
9. Clean, fresh laundry loaded into a basket, awaiting folding.
10. An adorable, over-grown kitten curled up on the futon.